As it’s possible you’ll know, I’m doing analysis at a lab at Harvard the place I concentrate on autistic girls. One factor I’ve realized is there are many simple, goal assessments we may give ourselves to find out if now we have organic markers for autism. I’m excited to share these with you so we don’t must have any extra discussions about everybody asking themselves do I’ve or don’t I?
I additionally discover the information that can assist girls probably the most could be very sluggish to get to the general public. So I’m providing a workshop to present autistic girls groundbreaking analysis into their lives proper now. The workshop will meet as soon as per week for ten weeks, beginning this week. Listed here are some subjects we’ll cowl:
- Use the identical methods that labs do to shortly diagnose feminine topics for autism. It’s simple and enjoyable. You possibly can strive it out on everybody.
- Query individuals who say they enhance government perform. Science says solely two issues work, and so they’re actually bizarre issues.
- What to do a couple of speech delay when analysis reveals it’s extra necessary to lower the mom’s stress ranges than get a child into speech remedy.
- Don’t search for buddies, search for particular pursuits, the buddies will comply with. Neurotypical ladies make buddies their particular curiosity; no marvel we have been misplaced in junior excessive.
- Discover out the one factor autistic girls try this makes all camouflaging fail. But additionally, does this imply we are able to all cease attempting to masks?
- The most important downside autistic girls have is emotional isolation. If an autistic lady isn’t feeling that then her children are; understanding why helps you perceive what drives you.
We’ll even have a dialogue board to speak about any subject that pursuits you because it pertains to girls and autism. I’ll drop in every day to shed some gentle — or some tears — as a result of it’s at all times within the free-for-all the place I be taught probably the most.
Closeup you see that we’ve all needed to navigate the world in related methods as autistic women and girls — understanding there was one thing incorrect however we didn’t know what. Some researchers name us the misplaced era of autism however speaking with you all makes me really feel just like the discovered era.
Individuals are becoming a member of from everywhere in the world, so the assembly occasions accommodate a spread of time zones:
Tuesday 9pm Japanese
Wednesday 8am Japanese
Thursday 5pm Japanese
The deadline to enroll is that this weekend. The associated fee is $150.
And yet another factor. I’m going to ship movies of me and my buddies speaking about autism. This video is me with Caitlin. You get it with out even signing up; within the center she talks a couple of group of autistic girls we created a couple of years in the past that was so transformative to her. How may you take heed to that and never enroll now? Actually?