As it’s possible you’ll know, I’m doing analysis at a lab at Harvard the place I give attention to autistic ladies. One factor I’ve realized is there are many simple, goal checks we may give ourselves to find out if we’ve got organic markers for autism. I’m excited to share these with you so we don’t should have any extra discussions about everybody asking themselves do I’ve or don’t I?
I additionally discover the information that may assist ladies probably the most could be very sluggish to get to the general public. So I’m providing a workshop to provide autistic ladies groundbreaking analysis into their lives proper now. The workshop will meet as soon as per week for ten weeks, beginning this week. Listed here are some matters we’ll cowl:
- Use the identical methods that labs do to rapidly diagnose feminine topics for autism. It’s simple and enjoyable. You may attempt it out on everybody.
- Query individuals who say they enhance government perform. Science says solely two issues work, they usually’re actually bizarre issues.
- What to do a couple of speech delay when analysis reveals it’s extra necessary to lower the mom’s stress ranges than get a child into speech remedy.
- Don’t search for mates, search for particular pursuits, the chums will comply with. Neurotypical women make mates their particular curiosity; no surprise we had been misplaced in junior excessive.
- Discover out the one factor autistic ladies try this makes all camouflaging fail. But in addition, does this imply we will all cease attempting to masks?
- The largest drawback autistic ladies have is emotional isolation. If an autistic girl isn’t feeling that then her children are; understanding why helps you perceive what drives you.
We’ll even have a dialogue board to speak about any subject that pursuits you because it pertains to ladies and autism. I’ll drop in every day to shed some gentle — or some tears — as a result of it’s all the time within the free-for-all the place I be taught probably the most.
Closeup you see that we’ve all needed to navigate the world in comparable methods as autistic women and girls — realizing there was one thing improper however we didn’t know what. Some researchers name us the misplaced era of autism however speaking with you all makes me really feel just like the discovered era.
Persons are becoming a member of from everywhere in the world, so the assembly occasions accommodate a spread of time zones:
Tuesday 9pm Japanese
Wednesday 8am Japanese
Thursday 5pm Japanese
The deadline to enroll is that this weekend. The associated fee is $150.
And another factor. I’m going to ship movies of me and my mates speaking about autism. This video is me with Caitlin. You get it with out even signing up; within the center she talks a couple of group of autistic ladies we created a couple of years in the past that was so transformative to her. How might you hearken to that and never enroll now? Actually?